Life is like a box of chocolates, ya never know wut yer gonna get

Life is like a box of chocolates, ya never know wut yer gonna get

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Lola and Tom the Turk

Lola is the newest member here on the "farm".  She is a black turkey who was meant to satisfy Tommy's sexual appetite.  She does.  Sort of.  Tom the Turk is a swinger really.  He will go after anything that is approximately shaped like a football on the ground that doesn't move.  But he especially likes the chickens.

Lola is a young hen.  I think she is beautiful.



Some people think turkeys have ugly heads, but I think they are attractive and interesting.  They change color depending upon their mood.  I like the medium pink best.  I have seen the range beige to red on Lola.  Tom's range is beige to pink to red to periwinkle blue, almost purple.  The periwinkle is a beautiful color.  I've only seen beige when Tom was under extreme stress.  A gate fell on him once and a dog attacked him once.  He was beige most of those days.  Poor Tommy was stressed...but physically okay.



Lola hangs out with the chicken hens.  They cruise the yard looking for grubs, earwigs, worms - but mostly finding and eating grass and dirt and whatever bugs live in horse and llama poop.  Lola makes the sweetest sounds.  She has a very feminine and comforting sound when she is foraging.  It is delicate and usually followed by trilly sounds.  It reminds me of the sounds the dinosaur in Jurassic Park made before he ate the fat man in his Jeep.  I'll admit when I first made the connection it kinda creeped me out.  But, well...evolution and all...I think Lola is an okay gal.

No comments:

Post a Comment