Life is like a box of chocolates, ya never know wut yer gonna get

Life is like a box of chocolates, ya never know wut yer gonna get

Thursday, January 28, 2010

another dentist visit

this is the year of dental work for me. i neglected myself all last year and now i am paying for it big time. i thought that work was more important than my regular cleanings - and we know were that loyalty got me. SO - take care of yourself, because there are some things that nobody else can do - but you! The stress of the job caused alot of these problems I am having now. I thought about stress and cancer, stress and heart disease - but it did not occur to me that stress could cause infection in my mouth - but it has. i'm so glad i do not work there anymore. now i can heal in many ways.

i had to take a bunch of meds before i went in to the doc- plus he gave me the gas, a bunch of novacaine and topicals gels....and it still hurt! so he hit me again with the novacaine. I am still very numb. I talk funny and bite myself alot and I am hungry. Hmmm... I just gnawed a piece of bread on the "other" side of my mouth and i am drinking some hot tea now. i think i might have bit myself when sucking on my piece of bread. geez...

ironic thing - my daughter, 1300 miles away, had a dental visit today also.

so another trip to doc next thursday, then another for yet another surgery on the other side of the mouth, etc., etc., etc.

oh geez! ha ha ha...

Did you know that if you try to swallow when you are this numb that the numb side of your mouth does not close? Funniest thing - I swallowed a little bit on my left sie, but about the right side of the swallow went down my front. For Pete's Sake! Okay - trick is to keep your mouth against the cup when you swallow...then you'll be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment