Life is like a box of chocolates, ya never know wut yer gonna get

Life is like a box of chocolates, ya never know wut yer gonna get

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A very pretty day today

Sunshine, blue skies with a few puffy white clouds and a temperature hovering around 68ish in the sunshine and 63ish in the shade.  The rain has turned all the grass and weeds to a gorgeous green. 

I love my yard when it is green.  I moved Magnet to the grassier areas today so he could graze in the fresh greens.  He loves the oat grass when its new.  He was easy to catch today; I think he wanted to get out of his pen.  His "pen" takes up about 1/6th of our 4 acre yard, so it's not like he is stuffed in a little pen...but I think he likes to go out front and watch the horses across the street.  He is a curious thing and everyone in the neighborhood is part of his "herd".  He was actually very sociable today (for a llama).  He gave me a llama hello (sniffing faces) without being prompted and gave one to Abbey too!  (our golden retreiver).  Surprised the heck outta me.  He is usually such a stoic snobby thing.

It would be nice if he could keep up with the growth, but I know we will have to begin mowing in the next month.  It gets out of hand pretty quickly...and tumbleweeds are the worst.  Magnet does not eat them - and even the wild rabbits only turn to eating them in the direst of circumstances...which they did this past summer when everything was dead because of the drought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment