Life is like a box of chocolates, ya never know wut yer gonna get

Life is like a box of chocolates, ya never know wut yer gonna get

Saturday, February 6, 2010

White Headed (from Webster's): Specially Favored, Fortunate

I just read a quote from Jim Morrison.  He said that some of his worst decisions were haircuts. 

Speaking of hair...not cuts, but hair in general...mine is a very light yellow at the moment.  I have moved out of the orange, past the gold and my hair is now the color of a baby duck.  No, lighter than that.  I have bleached it three times. I was going to apply the white dye today, but Boyd thinks I should hit it once more with the bleach.  I guess it is not really dye.  It is called Extra Mild Toner Liquid Creme Haircolor by Wella.  The color is called White Lady.  The girl at Sally's Beauty Supply told me it would make my hair white, but she had no idea how many layers of brown dye I had on my head.  She also told me that more and more "kids" are making their heads white and that it is quite fashionable nowadays.  This comment was given after I told her I was accepting my old age and I am tired of dying my hair brown.

I know that 53 is not OLD.  But, it is not young either, nor is it really middle age.  I do not think I will live to 106...and 53 is half, or mid way to 106, hence middle age.  No, I think 70 will be my length of years, unless GOD and a Mack truck see things differently.  That means I have 17 more years.  I began battling the white and gray hair in my teens.  Seems only fair to let it shine through for awhile.  I am very curious to see it.  A swirling mess of white wave sitting on my head.  Perhaps under a hat, I don't know...

The name Jennifer means "White Wave"...so, how appropriate is that?!

1 comment:

  1. I went to the Wella web site and found that I need to apply the toner now - and not do another bleach treatment. the yellow I see now is actually the hair stripped of ...something ...I forget the word. But when hair is overstripped it turns light yellow - like nicotene stain.

    So - toner goes on today!

    ReplyDelete