Life is like a box of chocolates, ya never know wut yer gonna get

Life is like a box of chocolates, ya never know wut yer gonna get

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Statistics Show...

I was looking at the statistics for this blog of mine.  It tells me how many views there have been and what country they are from.  I have some from China, United States of America, Poland, Germany and Mexico.  Wow!  There are not many of you - but to think that someone so far away from California would read my essays - just, Wow!

I then I began to consider how whiny I can be.  Yikes!  I have a good life here in San Diego County.  Compared to many people, I have a home, food to eat, shelter, a husband who loves me and 2 fun dogs.  My son lives next door and is progressing well in all aspects of his life.  My daughter is miles away, but we talk and visit all the time.  She is married to a good man and they have a home, two children, a dog and a cat.  Basically, everyone is doing well.  I am grateful for what I have.  I did nothing to deserve it.  I am only an average person - at least I think so.  

But, when I read the news, creep out of my comfy hole and look at other people and their troubles - Wow!  While in my comfort zone I forget there are other people with other lives.  I read on Facebook this morning about a man who had a mini house built for him and he was happily living in it.  It looked about 8 x 10 feet maybe, and it was taking up a parking place on the street...the same area a can would take.  The police kicked him out and put him in jail!  I see so many people living in tent cities and plastic make shift shacks under freeways, or in semi secluded areas.  People just trying to live.  The basics - Shelter, Food, Warmth.  And this is San Diego!!  Imagine the winter blizzards!
Even the rain, the mud of our rain storms...the cold air from the ocean, can cause illness.  This season's flu virus is horrible.  Imagine if you could not stay warm enough!  Or dry enough.  Or have enough clean water to drink or food to eat.

As I consider all this, I begin to feel like I want to help something, someone, somewhere.  And I imagine trying to give out blankets, socks, hat...and being either mugged or ridiculed.  I don't know.  Perhaps that is me trying to get out of it.  I wonder if the charity groups reach the neediest of people.  Who are the neediest of people?  Are we aware of them?  Or are they silent and hidden away?  

I think I will check out the different charities and decide where to begin helping.  I don't want to sit around consuming...just another fat American.  I want to share. Of course, my husband might have something to say about it.  I run on emotion and he runs on logic and rationality.  But, he is a kind man and will work with me on this I think.  I'll keep you posted on my progress.

I'd love to know who reads this...why do you read it?  do you like it?  or am i part of a statistical percentage of certain types?  or something like that.

i hope good things for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment