Life is like a box of chocolates, ya never know wut yer gonna get

Life is like a box of chocolates, ya never know wut yer gonna get

Monday, January 18, 2016

This Season's Flu...and then there are the cold virus's too.

I had a flu shot in October.  Both Boyd and I did.  I have asthma so I usually get one.  This season they made a mistake and used the wrong virus.  I imagine it is pretty difficult to guess which bug will rear it's head when.  Boyd and I both got the flu.

Boyd is on his third week.  I had mine back in November.  It seems to last three weeks and starts out as a migraine headache that soon focus's on the sinus.  Exhaustion and achy muscles, fever and sore throat, stuffy head and finally the congested bronchi.  Some lungs might have a wrestle with it too.

I have some bad habits that include my hands touching my face (Ack!!)  I try to keep them washed, (my hands), but I often fail at being sterile.  I am a dirty human.  And I touch things like stair rails and grocery carts, and I like to hang out with the under belly of the infectious society - toddlers.  A toddler's toy contains trillions of angry little monsters waiting for just the right Granny or Gramps to play with.  And then of course, the slime of society - the uninvited sick guest who coughs in your face, touches your doorknob and bathroom sink and gives you a lovely hug or shakes your hand, planting a marching horde in your home and on your skin.

I am a flu Nazi.  I hate it when sick people expose others  And I go out of my way to not share my bugs with others.  Unless it is something that we need to get over and done with (like chicken pox).  Oops...I guess there is a vaccination for that nowadays.  Back in my day, if a kid got the pox, we called the other Moms and invited them over - so we could all get it over with together.  Maybe we should do that with the flu, except that the flu bugs mutate and you can catch another flu...similar, but different enough to make you ill.  And, the grocery and drugstores would run out of Nyquil.

Along with the flu, several types of colds have been making the rounds too.  They do not last as long and are not as mean.  Still uncomfortable, still contagious, but not nearly as painful.  Since the end of my flu I have had three colds.  I guess since I am older now I need to take more vitamins and beef up my immune system.  Boyd has also had a cold.  I don't remember old people getting colds.  Did I just not pay attention to them, or were they immune back then.  I know my parents get sick, but I don't remember my grandparents getting sick...from the 60's to 90's.

Ah well... my hubby is up out of bed again.  I will try to get him to eat, but he has no appetite.  Why did I not get that symptom?  Dang.


No comments:

Post a Comment