Life is like a box of chocolates, ya never know wut yer gonna get

Life is like a box of chocolates, ya never know wut yer gonna get

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Abbey's Haircut

The old Wahl clippers did their job well.  Abbey looks like a shorn sheep...sorta. 

Abbey's normal full bodied yellow coat is now about an inch long.  Except near her face  -  I left some of that and tried to taper it to the body hair's shortness...so it doesn't look too bad.  She will be cooler and we can better control the stickers and mats she gets in the yard.  She loves to roll in the grass - and everything is in sticker stage now.

Abbey did not like it at all.  She was obediant, but at any hesitation on my part, she tried to stand and leave.   Her pleading eyes fixed on Boyd anytime he came near us; she desperate for a savior. 

It took two sessions.  Sunday night and the finishing touches this morning (Tuesday).  Abbey's stress level and the clipper's heat level have limits.  Boyd took her for a walk with him yesterday morning, before I could get to her to finish her haircut.  I guess he did not notice that I had not finished.  He said that a woman who asked for directions looked at Abbey and gave him a really weird look.  I'll bet!  She was uneven and silly looking yesterday morning.  Now she is just silly looking.  In a couple of weeks it will look better.  That has been my experience over the years anyway.

When I was finally finished with Abbey, and she had trotted off wagging her tail, Emma came up and laid down in her place.  Emma wanted her turn.  So funny.  Emma's short hair doesn't need a buzz, so I brushed her out well - and she seemed pleased. 

No comments:

Post a Comment